Summer Graphic Design Project

Kia Ora. This SLJ activity is called “Summer Graphic Design Project”. For this activity we have to design our own Summer post card and I chose my post card to be something about fishing and surfing. So first I drew a wharf and then I drew a fishing man sitting on the wharf. Then I drew a giant wave with a person surfing on a surfboard, next I drew a light-blue sea surface and a dark-blue underworld sea because now you could compare the difference between the surface and the underworlds sea. I also drew a giant sun which stands for hot and the title; “Summer…” The one thing I thought was hard was drawing the giant waves because I want to make a realistic wave of affection.

What is your favourite Summer post card?

Here is my post card:

3 thoughts on “Summer Graphic Design Project

1. Kia ora Jack,
    Well done on your summer post card. I especially loved reading how much thought you put into each piece of the picture.
    This really does feel like summer in the Bay of Islands to me so well done.
    What is your favourite activity to do in summer?

2. Kia ora Jack,

Great work on completing another Summer Learning Journey task. Ka pai! This is a very cool looking postcard you have made.

I really like the aspects of being able to look underneath the surface to see what lives under the water. You have really thought outside the box here. The wave looks great. The direction of the felt you have used gives off the same movement pattern as water does when there is a wave.

Is fishing something you like to do in summer? I haven’t been fishing since I was a kid. My favourite fishing spot was Lake Brunner on the West Coast of the South Island. Do you have a favourite fishing spot? I know a lot of fishermen don’t like to give away their secret spots.

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)

3. Kia ora Jack,
    I really like your design, especially how you incorporated everything that you like to do in the summer. I think the person fishing off the wharf is great. The colors you used are very summery and I like the sand on the bottom of the ocean. Awesome mahi Jack. Keep up the colorful and summery blog posts. Ka mau te wehi
    Whaea Ronnie