Poem Slam

Kia ora koutou, this is my first actual 2022/23 SLJ activity. For this activity we have to make a poem for summer because it is summer. First we have to make a copy of a Google slide and follow the instructions.  For our instructions we have to write some ideas down about our poem and then we get to write a poem. My favourite part of the activity was making an image for my poem.

Have you ever written a poem about summer?

This is my poem:

2 thoughts on “Poem Slam

1. Kia ora Jack,
    I really like your poem. I particularly like swimming in the sea and eating delicious food under the sun. Ka rawe Jack. Keep up with your awesome blog posts.

2. Kia Ora Jack,

My name is Theresa and I am one of the Summer Learning Journal bloggers this year. Great to see you starting off your journey with us.

I can see in your description of your poem that you knew you had to copy and create the slides provided. Did you do that before writing your poem? Maybe you could add it to your poem if you have so I can see all your wonderful ideas that inspired your poem.

I like the line about exploring the world under the ocean. This line really created an image in my mind and I was able to connect because I love being in the ocean because its such a special place.

I look forward to seeing your next SLJ task

Nga mihi
    Theresa