Geometry Art

Kia Ora. This SLJ activity is called Geometry Art. For this activity we have to create our own geometry art. to make the art the we have to include 4 circles with dots in them, a equilateral triangle, two right angles, three parallel lines, two perpendicular lines, one acute triangle and one obtuse triangle. After that we got to colour in our art, I chose yellow, red, orange and black because I thought those 4 colours would fit well. My favourite part of this activity was drawing the shapes but one thing I thought hard was colouring because I’m trying to make the colours spread out so the same colour won’t be adjacent to each other. 

Have you ever tried Geometry Art before?

Here is my art:

3 thoughts on “Geometry Art

1. Hi Jack,

It’s Emma here, a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

This looks like such a fun task! I had never thought about how much mathematical thinking often goes into artwork before. You have created a piece of art that is vibrant and eye-catching. The colours you have chosen create great contrast and make the different shapes stand out. You should be very proud of what you have created.

Do you think you will give geometry art another go again in the future? I’m sure there are endless ways in which you could place your shapes and combine colours that you could create some more awesome and unique pieces of art!

I have never tried geometry art before, but I think I will have to give it a go. Do you have any tips for me from your experience that will help me when I am doing it?

Thanks for sharing an awesome piece of art Jack.

Emma – SLJ

2. Hi Jack,
    Nice work with your geometry art. Was it tricky to fit all of the shapes on the page together? Were there any of the shapes you didn’t know and had to look up?
    Well done on the colour scheme although you said this was the hardest bit for you, I think you have done a great job of making the shapes pop out.

I am enjoying reading your posts so keep up the good work.

3. Kia ora Jack,
    Ka pai tou mahi toi Jack. If I didnt know what your task was to create this mahi I would have thought it was similar to Picasso. I really like the colors you have chosen the hot and cold make it pop. I think you have done such a fantastic job with this mahi and I’m super impressed. I havn’t done geometry art before however I think its a great idea. Keep up the fantastic blog posts. Ka mau te wehi
    Whaea Ronnie